Friday, November 29, 2019

Mostly poets

23

   "Mostly Joshua Beckman, with whom I’ve been working on ideas about poetry readings for the last ten years.

   I’ve had the opportunity to work with a number of artists multiple times over a dozen or more years during the course of Machine Project’s programming. I’m not so interested in one-off projects with artists. Working over a long period of time allows us to collaborate in an easygoing way. There is flexibility. Projects can fail and it’s okay. This flexibility allows artists to take more chances and develop new work. I want Machine to be the studio where ideas germinate. Ideas can move among a community of artists. Instead of pursuing individual practices, they can overlap and use information from each other. I’m invested in their work and careers. I’m the kind of fan who buys the new album before I hear it."


excerpt from Machine Project THE PLATINUM COLLECTION
By MARK ALLEN, CHARLOTTE COTTON and RACHEL SELIGMAN

No comments: