Now that I'm leaving I'm even getting nostalgic about the tours I would give people to see what kind of interesting art happens in Detroit. This definitely takes far more than a day to see all of this (and to get a proper tour) but here's my list!
1. Belle Isle (if it's winter, show them the ice fountain/sculpture)
2. Heidelburg Projects
3. Hamtramck Disneyland
4. Dabl's African Bead Museum
5.The houses on Klinger facilitated by Mitch and Gina
6. The Poloroid Liquor Store
7. Hot Wheel City
8. The People Mover Stations
9. The Dequindre Cut
10. Motorcity Brewing Works if it's a Wednesday night
11. My Brixels
Notice most of the links go to the Knight Arts Blog? Matthew Piper's been doing a kickass job.
I'll try to post my favorite things about Detroit once every other day before I take off...